Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Penne Arrabiata

             PASTA.... The one word which I used to hate. I tried it in many places but always ended up hating it. Even when I travelled to Italy, I didnt like it. Then realised that I can make some changes to this recipe to make it taste good for our Indian palate. Finally I was able to make pasta that I would like. I am sure everyone would like it too..
            On the days when you are really bored of eating rice and chapathi... this is the best meal.


Ingredients:

Tomatoes - 4 med size
Onion - 2 med size
Garlic - 5 to 6 pods
Pizza seasoning - 3 tsp
Basil leaves - 5 to 6
Tomato ketchup - 3 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Shredded cheese - 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Olive oil - 4 tsp


Method:

Make small slits on the tomatoes and boil them in water for few minutes. Then peel the skin and grind them coarsely with garlic and onions. You can even chop the onions finely, but I prefer them to be grinded.

Boil pasta along with oil and little salt in water for around 10 to 12 minutes. Pasta usually takes 10 minutes to cook. Once it is done, strain  them and put them in cold water to stop cooking.

Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the ground paste to it. Cook on medium flame. Add little water if needed. After 2 to 3 minutes, add chilli powder and Italian seasoning. I usually use the seasoning packets that I get from Dominos and Pizza hut.. :P 

Also add the tomato ketchup to it. Mix well and allow it to cook for few more minutes. Add enough salt to it as you have already added it when boiling pasta.

When it starts to thicken, chop the basil leaves finely and add it to the pan. Add the boiled pasta to it and mix well. Close the lid and cook on low flame for few more minutes. Garnish it with shredded cheese and serve hot.


Note:

1. I have used approx.. 180 gms of pasta. Use can use upto 200 gms for two people.
2. Italian seasoning is also available in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment