Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eggless Vanilla Cake with Cream Frosting

There is no better way than to celebrate your new year with a cake. Its more fun when you are baking the  cake at home. With beautiful encouragement from my husband and sister, it was a fun time doing it.

Vanilla Cake with Cream Frosting


Ingredients:


Maida - 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup
Butter - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp



For Whipped Cream Frosting:


Heavy whipping cream - 1 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 teaspoon 

Icing Sugar - 1/2 cup


 Method:

For baking the cake please refer to my Egg less Chocolate Cake recipe. I have used the same ingredients except for the Choco Powder.

To make the icing, take a large bowl and place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and mix well. Beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.

Refrigerate the icing for 30 mins. Use the icing to decorate your cake and serve.

Another cake which I baked for my sister's Birthday - I have used the same frosting and colours

2 comments: